Rhinoplasty - What is it
Placed in the centre of the face and playing a key-role in the breathing process, it is not surprising that rhinoplasty is the single most common aesthetic operation among male patients.
- If you are unhappy with the shape, size or angle of your nose
- If your nose is too large, too small or not in proportion to the rest of your face
- If you have breathing problems resulting from irregularities inside your nose
- If you have a nasal hump or a nasal tip that is drooping, too elevated or wide
Depending on the requirements of each individual case, there are two types of rhinoplasty, the open and the closed one.
The operation is performed under general anesthesia and lasts 2-3 hours. Postoperatively, the patient carries a splint for 5 days and can be bruised- swollen for about a week.
The final, permanent result becomes apparent after 2-3 months, when the oedema fully subsides.
Each nose is unique and should be treated individually. The ultimate goal is a functional nose in harmony with each patient’s face.
- The shape, angle and size of your nose will be improved
- Structural problems that restrict breathing and cause congestion can be corrected
- Rhinoplasty can have a significant impact on your self-image and self-confidence