Fillers - What is it
Over the years repetitive facial expressions, gravity and the course of time are the basic factors contributing in inevitable tissue atrophy and the creation of static (permanent) wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid is a biologically produced filler which can provide solutions for these wrinkles and for facial volume loss.
Some of the properties of hyaluronic acid which make it the ideal filler are:
- promotes collagen formation, thus improving skin elasticity
- hydrates and refreshes the skin, increasing its’ softness and density
- relatively long action and proven clinical efficacy
- high index of satisfaction among the patients
Hyaluronic acid is ideal for people who wish to:
- alleviate or eliminate static wrinkles (e.g. glabellar and perioral lines)
- recover the lost volume to their cheekbones
- gain extra volume to their lips
- lift the corners of the mouth (‘marionette lines’)
Through tiny- holed needles the substance is injected straight into the static wrinkles to be filled in or in the area where additional volume is desired. The injection is generally well tolerated by most people, since the filler itself is accompanied by local anesthetic. In cases of hypersensitivity local anesthetic cream is used half an hour prior to the session. Patients return directly to their everyday activities.
- immediately visible results
- minimal recovery period
- duration of the effect of approximately one year