Fillers - What is it
There are two types of undesired wrinkles, the dynamic (i.e. related with various facial expressions) and the static (permanent) ones.
The former owe their appearance to the mobility of the underlying muscles and are easily softened or eliminated with botox. The latter (static) are the result of either a repetitive motion, gravity or inevitable tissue atrophy in the course of time.
For these wrinkles and for facial volume loss restoration the solution is the hyaluronic acid.
Some of the properties of hyaluronic acid are:
- Promotes collagen formation, thus improving skin elasticity
- Hydrates and refreshes the skin, increasing its’ softness and density
- It has a relatively long action and proven clinical efficacy , and consequently high index of satisfaction among the patients.
Hyaluronic acid’s ability to bind water molecules make it an ideal substance for filling the static wrinkles and for providing extra volume where this is needed.
Fiillers in men need to be discreet and tend to have a more natural look.
Hyaluronic acid is ideal for people who wish to:
- alleviate or eliminate static wrinkles (e.g. glabellar and perioral lines)
- recover the lost volume to their cheekbones
- gain extra volume to their lips
- lift the corners of the mouth (‘marionette lines’)
Through tiny- holed needles the substance is injected straight into the static wrinkles to be filled in or in the area where additional volume is desired. The injection is generally well tolerated by most people, since the filler is accompanied by local anesthetic. In cases of hypersensitivity local anesthetic cream is used half an hour prior to the session. Patients return directly to their everyday activities.
- immediately visible results
- minimal recovery period
- duration of the effect of approximately one year